Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sixth

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Well...I have had NO SUCCESS with connecting my MBP with Entourage 2008 to my Exchange 2007 Server. Being the admin of the Exchange Server I know everything is setup correctly, but I still can not get Entourage to connect. I either get a fail on the user name/password or it just wont connect at all.

What gives? I am running Outlook 2007 with full autodiscovery support and SSL support working. Anyone able to get Entourage to work with EXCH 07 correctly??? Is there something that needs to be configured on the Exchange side??? I know it uses webdav and https to connect now...

Thanks!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
... Being the admin of the Exchange Server I know everything is setup correctly, but I still can not get Entourage to connect. ...
This is clearly not the case. Two additional things: Entourage does not autodiscovery. Only Outlook does that. You need to go to Microsoft's Exchange website for the features that must be turned on in order for Entourage to work with it.

Siron

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
North Carolina
Do you have the full Office 2008 edition or the Home & Student Edition?
Entourage included in the Home & Student Edition is not compatible with MS Exchange. To do this you have to purchase the more expensive version of Office.
Per their website.
Office 2008 Home & Student Edition
• Word
• Excel
• PowerPoint
• Entourage

Office 2008
• Word
• Excel
• PowerPoint
• Entourage
• Microsoft Server Exchange Support

Alan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.