Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bluereader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I want to purchase Applecare through Amazon because it is so much cheaper than the Apple Store. However, Amazon doesn't have any listings for Applecare specifically for the Air. Any suggestions?

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
Applecare for MBA is same as for the macbook. Purchase that one. Look on apple's site if you want proof, look at the item number.

AreanFSL

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
If you want a run for your money, check out ebay. They're many members on this forum who have bought their apple care from ebay at great prices. :)

AlexanderTgreat

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
Winnipeg canada
I never used to buy applecare for my macs but apples hardware has gotten so poor that I'm seriously considering it for my macbook. The alternative of course is just to sell my computer every year and buy a new one which would be fairly cost effective compared to apple care, plus I'd have a brand new machine

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
I never used to buy applecare for my macs but apples hardware has gotten so poor that I'm seriously considering it for my macbook. The alternative of course is just to sell my computer every year and buy a new one which would be fairly cost effective compared to apple care, plus I'd have a brand new machine

How is it cost effective? I thought people always lose money selling used stuff. How can you compete with refurbrished prices?

Can you break it down how it's cheaper? I've had applecare on my CD Macbook Pro, CD Imac, C2D Imac, as well as my C2D MBA. Plus, you can get applecare for about $100 savings on ebay. My thoughts is that if you have money to buy computers every year, does the $200 difference make a difference? Come on, i'm a student and i have 4 intel macs. If i can afford apple care for all, why can't a working person?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.