PDA

View Full Version : ready to throw mac out of window....m audio keyboard not being recognized by mac

sophiewilko
Mar 13, 2008, 01:51 PM
hey,

please help me!!!recently got a macbook with new leopard. plugged in my oxygen 49 midi keyboard in and worked straight away with logic. however one day the mac just suddenly didnt recognize it. ive looked in the audio midi set up and its not recognizing it there. have tried different leads e.t.c and keyboard works in my pc. Looked all over the net for solutions seems alot of ppl have had problems. ********* mac i just want to make some musiC!!!!thanks:mad:

Eraserhead
Mar 13, 2008, 01:52 PM
Did you do anything to get it not to work.

sophiewilko
Mar 13, 2008, 01:55 PM
no, literally just turned on my mac and opened up logic and it said no midi in or out. thought it might be logic so tried reason. that wasnt working either. it says the keyboard is class compatible and it has been working so im just totally stuck with what to do,

Eraserhead
Mar 13, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hmm, so no system updates or anything... Have you tried reinstalling the software from the manufacturers website?

sophiewilko
Mar 13, 2008, 02:02 PM
no cause you dont have to install software for it too work. ive looked to see if there are any drivers i need but it just says it doesnt need one and should just plug and play. so im thinking it could be a problem with the actual mac

CanadaRAM
Mar 13, 2008, 02:05 PM
It's almost certainly a software problem, unless its a USB cable that has gone bad, Try a different, known-good cable. Are youplugging into a hub or directly into the machine? Do not plug into the USB port on the keyboard of a desktop Mac, only use the back panel jacks.

Try this
Unplug the keyboard USB cable, open GarageBand, close GarageBand.

Now plug the keyboard in, Open GarageBand.

What happens now?

Eraserhead
Mar 13, 2008, 02:07 PM
If Canada RAM's suggestion doesn't work try an Archive and Install.

sophiewilko
Mar 13, 2008, 02:08 PM
yeah ive tried different cables, and still does not resolve the problem. i have tried unplugging, restarting e.t.c. i have a mac book, so just plug it directly in the usb port on side of laptop.

Eraserhead
Mar 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
Tried the Garageband thing? That does genuinely solve issues like this sometimes.

Drumjim85
Mar 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
i know it's not the BEST solution, but you could always get a midi interface, and use midi cables to that box....

The other day my m-audio keyboard wouldn't work (out of no where), so i plugged it into my soundcard's midi I/O and its doing fine....

sophiewilko
Mar 13, 2008, 02:18 PM
no joy. cheers for your help guys!just seems wierd its not recognizing it in the audio midi set up

Eraserhead
Mar 13, 2008, 02:19 PM
Try reinstalling Leopard then.

Killyp
Mar 13, 2008, 04:49 PM
Have you tried it on a different computer?

I plug different MIDI keyboards into my MBP willy nilly and I've never had any problems...