Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malandingbiik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
hi everyone. i need to submit a video for my final in two days and have been crying since last night because all of a sudden, FCP is running very slow.

i can't blame it on hard disk space because i've still got 63 gigs available. i had one 20-megabyte clip with no audio in my timeline and put in a 3-second subtitle. it took fifteen minutes to render. obviously, i can't work like this.

a few days ago, i was editing another video and everything was running smoothly. i have no idea why this is happening right now. i've tried everything i could think of (i've set the render settings to Best). i'm desperate. please help!

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
hi everyone. i need to submit a video for my final in two days and have been crying since last night because all of a sudden, FCP is running very slow.

i can't blame it on hard disk space because i've still got 63 gigs available. i had one 20-megabyte clip with no audio in my timeline and put in a 3-second subtitle. it took fifteen minutes to render. obviously, i can't work like this.

a few days ago, i was editing another video and everything was running smoothly. i have no idea why this is happening right now. i've tried everything i could think of (i've set the render settings to Best). i'm desperate. please help!

Is the new video in a different codec to the one which worked fast?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.