Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
I am wondering if someone can take a picture of their white macbook from the rear when it is closed. I think someone dropped my computer because I have a small crack near the mousepad as well as what I think might be a crack in the monitor. So, I'm hoping someone can post an up close picture of their closed macbook from behind so I can see if this is a crack, or part of the design.

Thanks in advance

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Please? Someone with a decent camera just a quick upclose shot of the rear!

Masizzle

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
crack.jpg

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Searched flickr on my slow connection for awhile without any success. It would take someone under 2 minutes with a digital camera to do this for me. Thanks!

Bobioden

macrumors 68000
Sep 23, 2007
Denver
Have you thought of going to an Apple Store and comparing it to one on display? If your screen, and trackpad has a crack, I would venture to guess that the back also has a crack.

Contrary to what you might think, it takes more than 2 minutes to take a pic and post. You take the pic, download to computer, resize in a Photo program, upload to a host site, THEN respond here and attach the pic. I would do it but I have a Black Macbook, and you want a pic of the White.

Why don't YOU take a pic of it and post it here?

Masizzle

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
Unintentional Pwnage!

I didn't even think of that.. you post your own damn macbook and we'll compare it for you lol... I too have the Blackbook however.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Please? Someone with a decent camera just a quick upclose shot of the rear!

Sorry, I can't show you photos of something i don't have... perhaps if you change the title of the thread to. "Wanted : Closed Rear Macbook Picture (white)" someone with one might be able to reply. Alternatively, photos photos of your cracks and someone can compare?

brsboarder

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
to upload the picture would take me over an hour at which point I would have already lost my connection. I'm on a very slow connection in the dominican republic

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
Ok, I'll post some pics that I just took for you. This is my one week old Macbook.

Mick

Attachments

• P1060655.jpg
    P1060655.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 80
  • P1060662.jpg
    P1060662.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 81
  • P1060663.jpg
    P1060663.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 80

Masizzle

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2008
to upload the picture would take me over an hour at which point I would have already lost my connection. I'm on a very slow connection in the dominican republic

Then you, my friend, have bigger problems than a laptop crack. So anyway they posted pictures... was it a the same or not?

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
Searched flickr on my slow connection for awhile without any success. It would take someone under 2 minutes with a digital camera to do this for me. Thanks!
Well, we've posted the pictures for you. What's the verdict? Is this what you were looking for? A 'thank you' perhaps?

Mick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.