Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Devananda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
I uploaded a 27 minute video to imovie 2x and still the same problem. The video is choppy during certain parts. Can I do anything to fix this problem?

thanks

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
I uploaded a 27 minute video to imovie 2x and still the same problem. The video is choppy during certain parts. Can I do anything to fix this problem?

thanks

What Type of camera are you using?, Also, are you using iMovie 08, or iMovie HD (06). There have been some issues with AVCHD, check out these pages Sony HDR-1 & HDR7, and the camcorder support page If it's not compatible, you might end up having to get a copy of final Cut express. Although, if your a student it's not too pricey!.

Devananda

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Hey Steradian,

thanks for the reply. I am using iMovie 08 and the camera that I am using is a Sony CMOS. It is a small handheld digital camera with an internal hard drive. I do have Final Cut Express HD but not the most recent version with AVCHD downloading ability. I plan on getting the upgrade since I am starting to learn how to use it.

thanks again,
Deva

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.