Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joeshell383

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Teens Attack Man With Machete In Downtown Boston

BOSTON (NBC) -- Boston police have taken two men into custody following a brutal machete attack near the downtown Government Center.

According to police, a 20-year-old man was hacked by a machete around 4:30 p.m. Thursday.

He was taken to the hospital after his left arm was severely injured during the attack with the 3-foot-long knife.

The suspects reportedly ran through City Hall Plaza toward Downtown Crossing, where police later found them.

Juan Chavez, 18, is charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

The other suspect is a 15-year-old juvenile and will be charged with disturbing the peace.

The victim is expected to be OK.

Police believe that the incident is possibly gang related.

Article: http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=82914

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
NH
Wow!!! I was there yesterday!! Didn't see this at all, but was right at Gov't Center before dinner and the Celtics game. Crazy.

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
How come the 15 year old was only charged with disturbing the peace? What exactly was his involvement? Pretty scary stuff you ask me...

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
What's with people who do **** like this getting off so easily? A 15-year-old should know better and if he isn't yet at that state he should be in a mental facility or somewhere getting the help he needs.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
What's with people who do **** like this getting off so easily? A 15-year-old should know better and if he isn't yet at that state he should be in a mental facility or somewhere getting the help he needs.

agreed. disturbing the peace, wtf? How about assault with a deadly, if not attempted murder? can we please stop ****ing around with violent crime and make the penalties serious enough that people think twice?

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
wow, i was close to there as well. didn't notice anything though.

i hope they beef up the charges to attempted murder for both of them. if they are really part of a gang (and guilty as charged) then they should get life without parole.

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
Sounds more like "Teens With Machete Attack Man in Downtown Boston" to me.

I thought a group of teens had attacked a man carrying a machete in downtown Boston at first...

RGunner

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2002
Midnight Sun
sounds like

we should outlaw machetes'.. oh and then steak knives!

wait, GB has already done this...

doomed... we are doomed.

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I'm guessing it has something to do with that Central American gang M?? They're mostly from El Salvador and are considered the most dangerous gang in America.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.