PDA

View Full Version : Best Authorized online retails to buy Imac?

fishnugget
Mar 15, 2008, 05:22 PM
Can anyone suggest any authorized online retailers with good ratings to buy an Imac from? I am concerned if I buy from an unauthorized that apple will not honor warrantee.

Anyone ever bought from PC Connection, Mac Mall or New Egg?

You suggestions would be appreciated.

rhyx
Mar 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
Can anyone suggest any authorized online retailers with good ratings to buy an Imac from? I am concerned if I buy from an unauthorized that apple will not honor warrantee.

Mac Mall and Newegg are fine.

iJesus
Mar 15, 2008, 06:18 PM
I just bought from MacMall today.

Brand new 15" MacBook Pro.
I did the calculations and I saved around $253 because I bought it there rather than the Apple Store.
(I could've saved $286, but I opted for second day delivery)

I highly recommend them, they called me twice to confirm my order/ make sure I took advantage of promo deals.
(I thought it was pretty responsible)

Oh, and I highly recommend an iMac.
I have an aluminum 24" one and it's orgasmic.

=)

stainlessliquid
Mar 15, 2008, 06:55 PM
Just get it from who has it cheapest after shipping if niether have good promotions. Macmall tends to have better promotions than Newegg, but sometimes the promotions are stupid or there arent any, or sometimes Newegg has better promotions like free cases for macbooks or something else you would actually use.

jhkingsr
Mar 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
Amazon.com . No tax, fast shipping, and excellent rebates.

Mindflux
Mar 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
I've bought from MacMall twice. Their "NO RETURNS" policy sucks, but they process rebates in 4 weeks which is stellar.

I 'saved' over 400 dollars on my first iMac, a combination of rebates on the iMac (150 off), Parallels Desktop (60 back from MM), and a Printer (75 back from HP) made it a stellar deal. No Tax just sealed that deal.

There was also a P.D rebate for 20 from the MFG, which made P.D free.

So Essentially I got my iMac for 150 less than Apple sells it for pre-tax, P.D 3.0 for FREE and a printer for FREE. I think they may have had a slight discount on the product pre-rebate so I may have even gotten it for less, I cannot recall at the moment.

I've done this twice now and when it comes time to get a notebook I'll surely look at MacMall. No tax also helps too.

Oh, Also if you purchase through Fatwallet's link to MacMall you get 2% back from FatWallet after 120 days, which amounts to another $40 bucks on a 2000 dollar purchase.

DesignerOnMac
Mar 16, 2008, 11:37 AM

Amazon.com, they usually have a rebate program.
Smalldog.com
Powermax.com

Mindflux
Mar 16, 2008, 03:24 PM
Amazon.com, they usually have a rebate program.
Smalldog.com
Powermax.com

Smalldog wont let you buy new unless you are a customer of their retail stores for online purchases. It's some oddball agreement they have with Apple, which sucks because I hear fantastic things about them all the time!

Yoursh
Mar 16, 2008, 04:44 PM
Just bought my MacPro from MacConnection(PC Connection) a few weeks ago and did not have a single problem with the order. Order processed fine and shipped same day. Also bought my Macbook from Amazon without any problems.

I mainly went with each since they were the best deals at the time. I looked at Macmall but skipped them because of their return policy.

EB66
Mar 16, 2008, 06:41 PM
ive bought from amazon and macmall... have not had any problems with either

Thunderbird
Mar 16, 2008, 11:24 PM
Could anyone suggest any online retailers with good ratings in Canada? Is there anything like Mac Mall in Canada?

Thanks