PDA

View Full Version : where is the iPhone's phone number stored?

drivefast
Mar 16, 2008, 01:37 PM
hi everybody,

does any one of you know where the iphone's phone number is stored? it shows up on a grayed bar on top of the phonebook page, but i had no luck finding it inside the address book database. i doubt it's accessible from the SDK as it is now, but i can probably hack it out from somewhere. maybe the mobile phone or sms applications settings store it?... thanks.

Cromulent
Mar 16, 2008, 01:55 PM
hi everybody,

does any one of you know where the iphone's phone number is stored? it shows up on a grayed bar on top of the phonebook page, but i had no luck finding it inside the address book database. i doubt it's accessible from the SDK as it is now, but i can probably hack it out from somewhere. maybe the mobile phone or sms applications settings store it?... thanks.

It is stored in the SIM card.

drivefast
Mar 16, 2008, 03:02 PM
ew... thanks, this is definitely the best place to get it from. but whatever method i use to get the number for now, it will eventually have to be ported into the official sdk. i've a feeling apple is not going to like apps looking directly into the sim. somehow i would think the phone number must also be somewhere in a file...?

mzichao
Apr 14, 2008, 07:15 PM
ew... thanks, this is definitely the best place to get it from. but whatever method i use to get the number for now, it will eventually have to be ported into the official sdk. i've a feeling apple is not going to like apps looking directly into the sim. somehow i would think the phone number must also be somewhere in a file...?

I can't find any iPhone API to retrieve iPhone phone number neither. Anybody knows a way to get the phone number?

Thanks.

iphoneGuy
Apr 14, 2008, 07:43 PM
I can't find any iPhone API to retrieve iPhone phone number neither. Anybody knows a way to get the phone number?

Thanks.

There is none yet.. I would not hold your breath...