PDA

View Full Version : Wall Mounting a Cinema Display... Anyone Done It ???

ipodtouchy333
Mar 16, 2008, 04:18 PM
Hello, I am thinking about gtting my first mac whether it be a mac mini or macbook later this year. I am a sucker for the look of the cinema display and was wondering if anyone has mounted theirs on a wall. Was it difficult? How much did the wall mounting kit cost? And any other inputs anyone may have....thanks !!!

4DThinker
Mar 16, 2008, 11:08 PM
They appear to have VESA standard mounting holes on the back. This means that almost any wall mount kit you could find at BestBuy or such will work, so long as it is rated for the weight of the Display you want. I've put a few HDTVs on the wall. It takes two people to do it safely. You should screw the mounting plate into studs in the wall, and not just drywall. Usually there is one part to the mount you attach to the mack of the display, and one that attaches to the wall. Then you (two people) lift the display up and hang it's bracket on the part already on the wall. If you don't want to see cables, cut a round hole in the wall behind the display, and another one straight below that one at about outlet height above the floor. Use desk grommets to make the holes look nice, and feed the cables down the wall from one hole to the other. You can optionally put the lower hole just below desk height if you've got a desk in front of the monitor and your computer is on the desk.