PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Improve My Website Design?

highjumppudding
Mar 16, 2008, 06:09 PM
Hello.

I just launched a new website March 2nd. I was wondering what tips and feedback everyone had. Any tips on improving any aspect of the site?

Thanks.

www.StevenPriceProductions.com

Eraserhead
Mar 16, 2008, 06:17 PM
It looks pretty good. You could use variable, rather than fixed, width for it though.

HaGG
Mar 16, 2008, 07:19 PM
Maybe add a background? Not really related to the look but CSS and Javascript as separate files?

Just a couple of suggestions :D

fluidedge
Mar 16, 2008, 07:24 PM
great showreel.

Nice site too!

tominated
Mar 17, 2008, 01:17 AM
i like it but the solid grey looks very plain.

highjumppudding
Mar 17, 2008, 04:50 PM
I was searching the web for a solution to the previous poster.

How can I create a gradient background in a cell of the table on my site? I am using Dreamweaver CS3 to build the site. Thanks.

Or, if there are any other suggestions regarding how to solve the unattractive "solid gray"? I agree, it is a little too bland with the gray.

Thanks.

notnek
Mar 20, 2008, 12:22 AM
Some nice thick scan lines will liven up that drab grey. Here's a decent tutorial (http://creativebits.org/photoshop/scan_line_effect_in_photoshop). I would make thick diagonal lines though.

I agree with poster above about external CSS/JS files. It will make updating so much easier in the future. One file to edit rather than every page.

Nichod
Mar 20, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'd also get rid of the off white/white background. Maybe a dark brown or a green color similar to what is located in your banner.

As far as livening up your site. Maybe take a look at webcreme.com or a similar website for inspiration.

jSunbeam
Mar 20, 2008, 08:00 PM
don't make it in dreamweaver?