PDA

View Full Version : Found: Unopened 8GB iPhone at PHL airport Int'l arrivals hall

aethelbert
Mar 16, 2008, 09:47 PM
Moderator Note: If you believe that this iPhone belongs to you, please send a Private Message to akonradi. For discussion on this situation, please see this thread. Thanks!

This is probably a long shot, but I would like to return this iPhone to its owner if possible. Mods, if this is somehow against forum rules, please just send me a PM saying that it needs to be closed and then feel free to delete/close/wasteland/move or whatever.

I arrived today into Philadelphia off of a transatlantic flight in A-West and was one of the first off the plane and the first one through immigration. The arrivals hall was empty so I guess earlier flights had already been processed. Since I had no checked baggage, I headed for customs. Before getting there, I saw an unopened 8GB iPhone box on the edge of a baggage carousel so I alerted a customs agent. I was told that it had been sitting there for a while and that it couldn't legally enter the United States unless declared by someone, which means that it couldn't go to the lost and found... And since this area is restricted to international arrivals only, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to get back up there. So I asked if I could bring it in to the US to attempt to find the owner and showed the agent that I wouldn't keep it as I already had mine. He said that I'm as good as anyone else to bring it in, so I did.

I don't really understand the laws behind bringing this in, so don't flame me if I worded something wrong. Don't flame me for taking it out of the airport, either, as it would be impossible to get it out of this restricted area, as I was told by the head border protection agent on duty. I don't want to start an ethics or morals debate as I'm just trying to help someone.

I'm looking to find the owner of this iPhone. If you left an iPhone in the International Arrivals hall at termainal A-West in Philadelphia today, 16 March 2008, (or maybe even yesterday, though I can't imagine that nobody would have taken it if sitting there for that long), please contact me. If you can show me a scan of a reciept with a matching serial number, a boarding pass from an international origin to PHL with your name, and a passport page with a stamp from PHL dated today (or yesterday, must correspond with boarding pass), this is 99.999% likley to be yours. I don't think that there's any kind a security risk by scanning a passport page with stamps, but if someone more informed than I says different, then I won't require that.

I really hope that I can re-unite someone with this. Now I'm not gonna charge you out the wazoo to get this back, just whatever it costs for me to mail this to you (I can overnight it if you want) with postage and supplies. It probably won't even be $20. Please, I don't want anyone trying to lie about being there and losing their boarding pass or any of that stuff as I can't imagine the pain that the owner must be going through right now. :(

I really hope that you can see that I'm trying to do the right thing and not trying to make a quick buck (because you know that one could make A LOT more than $20). I really hope that someone can get their iPhone back.

Thank you.

etops13
Mar 16, 2008, 11:31 PM
Wow! I found this page through google and I think that you have my phone! Please, please, send me an email at jneirmeir at yahoo dot com so that I know where to send my document scans! USAirways tore off part of the boarding pass so all I have is the stub, so can I send you that? :confused:

Please reply!! If you found my iPhone I would be very grateful!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!