PDA

View Full Version : Partition Missing- woe!!!!

danknee
Nov 3, 2003, 02:07 AM
I have 2 hard drives. One 20Gb Disk containing the system, and a 115 odd GB drive split in to 4.
The Largest partition containing most of my art, video files has dissapeared. IT is split in to a 4-6gb, 2 25gb's and a 60gb.

By using Virtual Lab the disk is shown as having an unknown section matching the 60 odd Gb it is but seems unable to log its structure and recover it.

THe whole disk now will need to be fixed of errors and de fragged but i need to recover this partition first.

From searching on the internet, i can't believe their isn't more written help cos this must happen to more than me.

The trouble with the other drive utiltities is the don't see the drive as it is virtual and missing as a volume so they cannot help.

save me!!!

revenuee
Nov 3, 2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by danknee
I have 2 hard drives. One 20Gb Disk containing the system, and a 115 odd GB drive split in to 4.
The Largest partition containing most of my art, video files has dissapeared. IT is split in to a 4-6gb, 2 25gb's and a 60gb.

By using Virtual Lab the disk is shown as having an unknown section matching the 60 odd Gb it is but seems unable to log its structure and recover it.

THe whole disk now will need to be fixed of errors and de fragged but i need to recover this partition first.

From searching on the internet, i can't believe their isn't more written help cos this must happen to more than me.

The trouble with the other drive utiltities is the don't see the drive as it is virtual and missing as a volume so they cannot help.

save me!!!

alright, you might be able to save your self some problems if you get yourself a copy of Norton Utilities, the tools in that package saved my ass once when a drive got corrupted, and i needed to the files to be saved.

this was under OS 9, but can't see it changing that much...

GOOD LUCK my friend... it would be terrible to loose a drive full of work