Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
After dropping my iPhone from about 5', and subsequently breaking it and replacing it (for $250), I've been looking for a good case that won't add too much bulk.

I used to use the basic BestSkinsEver + Power Support Crystal film, but obviously it didn't provide much protection. The iLounge article says the iVolution holsters don't really protect much, but all I really want is something to cover the sides a little bit. I dropped my phone a few times without a case, and it was only when I dropped it at a pretty high height and onto hard ground did it finally chip a bit (wasn't an easily visible break but I couldn't type on half the keyboard).

Any comments on this case or this style of cases?

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
I had the iVolution Top, and I found that it added quite a bit of bulk to the phone. The problem is that the back of the case is quite thick, which makes it extremely annoying in my opinion. It did protect the iPhone pretty well though overall, unless you were unlucky enough to drop it on one of the exposed corners.

Although we're not talking about the same case, I would imagine that the grip has the same thick back of leather.

Anyhow, I'm probably going to be buying an incase slider (if I can find somebody in the states to ship me one!).

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
Try the cozip case on Amazon. It's super thin, and protects the back and sides of the phone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.