Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dizzee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
first question is everytime i close halo, all of my windows are resized, something to do with the resolution i guess... even though its set to the same as my moniter (macbook pro)

and second is im on a wireless network, the router is a level one WBR-340TX and when i start a lan game, my friends cant find the game, mac and pc.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
HALO reduces the resolution by default.

Is everyone on the wireless network? Do you have NAT/DHCP on? If you do, you are on another subnet and no one outside of the network can see you. Turn off NAT and you should be fine.

TEG

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
first question is everytime i close halo, all of my windows are resized, something to do with the resolution i guess... even though its set to the same as my moniter (macbook pro)

and second is im on a wireless network, the router is a level one WBR-340TX and when i start a lan game, my friends cant find the game, mac and pc.

Yeah, Halo screws with my reolution too. Not sure what you can do about it.

And Halo also has pretty weird restrictions on what kind of internet service can host a game...

Dizzee

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 2, 2007
yes we are all on the same wireless network.
how do i turn NAT off?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.