PDA

View Full Version : Unlocked 8GB iPhone New (Refurb)

taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 2008, 12:50 PM
Auction ended!

eyemacg5
Mar 18, 2008, 04:03 PM
As there are no bids on it at the moment I'd like to make an offer of $300 shipped to the UK.

Thanks.
Jake.

taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 2008, 04:13 PM
As there are no bids on it at the moment I'd like to make an offer of $300 shipped to the UK.

Thanks.
Jake.

Thanks for the offer but its only been up for a few hours :)

I paid more then that so I can't really sell a new phone thats in high demand at a loss. You're welcome to try on ebay and see if you are the winning bid and I'd be happy to throw in UK shipping free.

CrEsTo
Mar 18, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Taylor

You can currently buy a Refub for $249 from ATT online store... so this is probably a bad time to sell.

eyemacg5
Mar 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
Hi sorry to be annoying ( if I am?) but would you consider $350 shipped?

taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hi Taylor

You can currently buy a Refub for $249 from ATT online store... so this is probably a bad time to sell.

I think only a few east coast stores ever had them, and you were required to activate in store to prevent re-selling.

Anyways, that doesn't apply at all to anyone international. eyemac, no don't worry about it :) I'd prefer to keep offers to PM just for privates sake but I will comment that I'm looking for a little more because I still lose a few dollars there, and I really don't want to lose any money. I'm seeing them go for $450-$550 on eBay so that would be optimal but I don't expect that here, of course.

Please bid if you are interested :)

rickvanr
Mar 18, 2008, 08:42 PM
I think only a few east coast stores ever had them, and you were required to activate in store to prevent re-selling.

Anyways, that doesn't apply at all to anyone international. eyemac, no don't worry about it :) I'd prefer to keep offers to PM just for privates sake but I will comment that I'm looking for a little more because I still lose a few dollars there, and I really don't want to lose any money. I'm seeing them go for $450-$550 on eBay so that would be optimal but I don't expect that here, of course.

I'd think expecting to get $550 is overly optimistic. eBay might be your best bet, people on here tend to be informed and aren't willing to overpay.

Good luck in your sale.

aethelbert
Mar 18, 2008, 08:46 PM

They can now be purchased online as well in all parts of the country for $249 through AT&T (there's no contract when buying the phone, either), there's a thread about it in the iPhone news forum. So I think that price would be very optimistic, as anyone on here could get one for $249 and have it unlocked in twenty minutes.

Also, if it's a refurb, why does it come in the packaging for new phones? IIRC, refurb iPhones come in brown boxes...

Your best bet is ebay, especially if you want prices like that.

taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 2008, 09:15 PM
They can now be purchased online as well in all parts of the country for $249 through AT&T (there's no contract when buying the phone, either), there's a thread about it in the iPhone news forum. So I think that price would be very optimistic, as anyone on here could get one for $249 and have it unlocked in twenty minutes.

Also, if it's a refurb, why does it come in the packaging for new phones? IIRC, refurb iPhones come in brown boxes...

I read this in the last two replies... What are you guys talking about? It IS on ebay - thats what this thread is

taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 2008, 09:16 PM

I read this in the last two replies... What are you guys talking about? It IS on ebay - thats what this thread is!

I'm not expecting $550, or really $450 either. I'm just saying what I'm seeing. This is a FA thread, I've just been hearing offers.

Its packed in a new iPhone box but it is a refurb (can't tell it from new howerver)

pazreal
Mar 18, 2008, 10:39 PM
Did you already have an iPhone that you then used the packaging from for this refurb?

taylorwilsdon
Mar 18, 2008, 11:06 PM
Did you already have an iPhone that you then used the packaging from for this refurb?

Yes I'm putting it into one of the "official" boxes instead of the dreary brown ones they give you. Figure I might as well dress it up :)

For all purposes it appears to be brand new, but I put refurb just to be honest.

Currently at $275 on ebay. Get your bids in early!

SKOTTIEG23
Mar 19, 2008, 11:57 AM
The word "New" is all over this ebay listing. I see that in the top area it shows refurb, but this listing seems to be a little misleading. One of your headings even says "Brand New." This combined with using an actual iPhone box that didnt come with this item seems shady to me. I may be the only one, but honestly i guarentee that who ever wins this item thinks they are getting an actual brand new phone, not a refurbished product.

wakerider017
Mar 19, 2008, 12:15 PM
Congrats on your new $560

taylorwilsdon
Mar 19, 2008, 12:22 PM
The word "New" is all over this ebay listing. I see that in the top area it shows refurb, but this listing seems to be a little misleading. One of your headings even says "Brand New." This combined with using an actual iPhone box that didnt come with this item seems shady to me. I may be the only one, but honestly i guarentee that who ever wins this item thinks they are getting an actual brand new phone, not a refurbished product.

At this price I will just buy a brand new one and upgrade them :)

Thanks for the congrats :) I love ebay.. sometimes.

bhsu21
Mar 19, 2008, 12:32 PM
The ad is very misleading. The auction is over so there's nothing to change that. I'm very sure the seller must think it's new. No way a refurbished one sells for that much when a brand new one can be bought for less than that unlocked on Ebay from what I have seen.

taylorwilsdon
Mar 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
The ad is very misleading. The auction is over so there's nothing to change that. I'm very sure the seller must think it's new. No way a refurbished one sells for that much when a brand new one can be bought for less than that unlocked on Ebay from what I have seen.

No, it isn't. I was very clear as far as I'm concerned and I don't need a new member telling me how to do things. Like I said, I'm going to send a brand new in box phone, not a refurb.

The winning bidder was a hacked account - mother ****er.

bhsu21
Mar 19, 2008, 01:18 PM
No, it isn't. I was very clear as far as I'm concerned and I don't need a new member telling me how to do things. Like I said, I'm going to send a brand new in box phone, not a refurb.

The winning bidder was a hacked account - mother ****er.

Why does it matter if I am a new member? Does it mean I can't voice my opinion? Don't treat me like I'm some little kid.

Honestly, $560 is a high final price when you see the completed auctions for a new unlocked one that are mostly around $500. But congrats on your winning auction from the hacked account.

taylorwilsdon
Mar 19, 2008, 01:25 PM
Why does it matter if I am a new member? Does it mean I can't voice my opinion? Don't treat me like I'm some little kid.

Honestly, $560 is a high final price when you see the completed auctions for a new unlocked one that are mostly around $500. But congrats on your winning auction from the hacked account.

Great. I'm glad thats your opinion. I don't care. If I can get ahold of the winning bidder (not the phisher) and he wants it, I will send him exactly what he paid, at a price he chose, not me. I started it at $200, which is a very reasonable price. He chose how much to pay; and its not my fault that you're jealous/envious/whatever you are(?) about how much it ended for.

mkrishnan
Mar 19, 2008, 01:25 PM
Enough. :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/mkrishnan/webcache/****.jpg

The marketplace is not the soapbox.