Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sc0rian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
ok a g3/4 emac pc, boot it up, it makes the mac noise.. screen turns on.. you see the apple logo, then nothing, just doesnt load or anything, it just dies.. i cant seem to hear any hard drive noise, but its impossible to know for sure, nut unless i take it all to bits..

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
The eMac is G4 only. You need to find an OS Disc or the Software Restore/Install disc, reboot holding down 'C' then run Disc Utility to see if there are any problems with the drive. If the HD didn't work, you would see a folder with a question mark.

TEG

Sc0rian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
cheers for the helpful replies.

it wont open firmware, it just locks up. I also tried pushing C, nothing, it just "locks" up. i believe the logic board has gone too.

thanks.. time for a new mac anyway, this one is yonks old (it aint mine, its a clients)

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
cheers for the helpful replies.

it wont open firmware, it just locks up. I also tried pushing C, nothing, it just "locks" up. i believe the logic board has gone too.

thanks.. time for a new mac anyway, this one is yonks old (it aint mine, its a clients)

Try starting up in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key during startup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.