PDA

View Full Version : Cinema Display release in March or April?

saint&sinner
Mar 18, 2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone have any insider scoop or thoughts on weather Apple is release the new 24inch cinema display in March 08 or April of 08? we're planning to buy a whole new setup of fcp edit system with 23 inch display was wondering if we should wait another month for the new line of display.

Quillz
Mar 21, 2008, 03:38 PM
It's possible, but there aren't even any rumors about new Cinema Displays. Also, wouldn't something larger be released, such as 25'' or 30''?

Bubba Satori
May 12, 2008, 07:22 AM
No. :D

jons
May 12, 2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I guess not. :D

Roy
May 12, 2008, 04:28 PM
Anyone have any insider scoop or thoughts on weather Apple is release the new 24inch cinema display in March 08 or April of 08? we're planning to buy a whole new setup of fcp edit system with 23 inch display was wondering if we should wait another month for the new line of display.

Just got off of the phone with Steve Jobs. He say no new cinema displays coming in March or April of 2008. I think he's telling the truth this time and not holding back any information.;)

Panache01
May 12, 2008, 06:50 PM
hopefully sooner than later :)

dam0dred
May 17, 2008, 09:47 AM
I think it's completely insane that the ACDs haven't been updated (or at least dropped in price) in almost 2 years.

nick9191
May 17, 2008, 10:25 AM
I think it's completely insane that the ACDs haven't been updated (or at least dropped in price) in almost 2 years.
They have been updated. The screens are not the same technology from 2 years ago.

And the price is worth it for what they are compared to Dell for example.

CWallace
May 18, 2008, 08:38 AM

The only thing they are missing is HDCP support and new interfaces (DisplayPort/HDMI). No Apple hardware currently supports DP or HDMI and until Apple ships Blu-Ray with their machines, HDCP is also irrelevant (in Apple's view).

As to price, the ACDs remain comparable to other S-IPS panels that use high-quality components.

And with Apple's stated goal of "going green", they likely want LED backlit panels. Right now, Samsung is the only manufacturer I know who offers a 20", 24" and 30" LED backlit panel and their prices are upwards of double what an ACD costs. So it is likely Apple is waiting for the price of the panels to drop sufficiently to allow them to be placed into ACDs at the current price points.

Now I freely admit I want a future-proofed display that has at least HDMI and HDCP (though DP would be nice), so if Apple doesn't deliver that in an ACD in the next 60 days, I will buy the new S-IPS NEC panels because I will need a new display with my MacBook Pro I am getting within that time period.

strategize
May 24, 2008, 02:16 AM
I would like to see the pixel density jump into 140+ppi, the 23 inch form factor is fine...I don't want to sit over a meter away from the monitor to get a comfortable 36deg viewing angle.

shinji
May 24, 2008, 02:44 AM
The only thing they are missing is HDCP support and new interfaces (DisplayPort/HDMI). No Apple hardware currently supports DP or HDMI and until Apple ships Blu-Ray with their machines, HDCP is also irrelevant (in Apple's view).

As to price, the ACDs remain comparable to other S-IPS panels that use high-quality components.

And with Apple's stated goal of "going green", they likely want LED backlit panels. Right now, Samsung is the only manufacturer I know who offers a 20", 24" and 30" LED backlit panel and their prices are upwards of double what an ACD costs. So it is likely Apple is waiting for the price of the panels to drop sufficiently to allow them to be placed into ACDs at the current price points.

Now I freely admit I want a future-proofed display that has at least HDMI and HDCP (though DP would be nice), so if Apple doesn't deliver that in an ACD in the next 60 days, I will buy the new S-IPS NEC panels because I will need a new display with my MacBook Pro I am getting within that time period.

What new NEC S-IPS? Isn't the most recent one the 2490wuxi from last year?

CWallace
May 24, 2008, 08:28 AM
What new NEC S-IPS? Isn't the most recent one the 2490wuxi from last year?

They just launched a new 30", which is the form factor I plan to get and was referring to (though I should have been clearer).

shinji
May 24, 2008, 05:08 PM
They just launched a new 30", which is the form factor I plan to get and was referring to (though I should have been clearer).

This? http://www.necdisplay.com/Products/Product/?product=4af7b335-9302-4429-8d73-74c35a363b57 3090WQXI

CWallace
May 24, 2008, 06:45 PM
That be the one. :cool:

shinji
May 24, 2008, 06:47 PM
I'm looking at the NEC's...having trouble deciding between a 24" or 30" NEC, waiting for an ACD, or a LaCie. I haven't owned an NEC monitor since my CRT, but I loved that thing.

AndyClarke
Jun 3, 2008, 06:54 AM
I am also waiting for an updated ACD. Been waiting two years now lol but will take the plunge soon enough. At the moment I use a HPw2207h and that works well with my macbook pro and Sky HD.