PDA

View Full Version : Good Price for Mac Mini

ramlax13
Mar 19, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hey everyone, So I ned some advice on buying a mac mini. I am currently looking at buying a used Mac mini, Intel Core Duo 1.83 with 60GB HD, 2GB Ram, Superdrive, Airport and Bluetooth. It also comes with a 15 inch NEC LCD monitor, an apple bluetooth keyboard, a wired mighty mouse, and the connections to go to a TV. I can get this all for $450. I think it is probably a pretty good deal, let me know what you guys think, as I'm on the fence.

munckee
Mar 19, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hey everyone, So I ned some advice on buying a mac mini. I am currently looking at buying a used Mac mini, Intel Core Duo 1.83 with 60GB HD, 2GB Ram, Superdrive, Airport and Bluetooth. It also comes with a 15 inch NEC LCD monitor, an apple bluetooth keyboard, a wired mighty mouse, and the connections to go to a TV. I can get this all for $450. I think it is probably a pretty good deal, let me know what you guys think, as I'm on the fence.

Seems like a good deal given the extras. I've purchased 2 used minis in the last few weeks:
-1.5 Core Solo, 80GB, 1GB - $350
-1.42 G4, 80GB, 1GB - $250

Neither included a keyboard, etc.

~Macaddict~
Mar 19, 2008, 12:17 PM
For the stuff thats included with the Mac, I would say its a fair price, go for it :)

clyde2801
Mar 19, 2008, 12:23 PM
I've known a couple of guys who worked at the apple store who told me the minis were bulletproof, but don't forget the applecare!

Chad H
Mar 19, 2008, 12:53 PM
I just bought a refurb from Apple with the exact specs yours has(1.83ghz Intel Core Duo/512MB RAM/60gig HD) for $500 to my door. Your getting a pretty good deal.

Jimmdean
Mar 19, 2008, 03:16 PM
Good price, but that monitor is tiny. I can't imagine you being happy with that very long...

VoodooDaddy
Mar 19, 2008, 04:37 PM

Aside from the 15" monitor, its a steal IMO.

Just sold my 1.66 CD with 1.5gb ram + a Samsung 19" LCD for $700.

ramlax13
Mar 19, 2008, 04:43 PM
Good price, but that monitor is tiny. I can't imagine you being happy with that very long...

Yea I know the monitor is tiny, but I'm in college and we have a 42" plasma in the room (my roommate's tv, he used to work at BestBuy) so I am going to use that for the monitor at school and the other small one will only be for home or something.

VoodooDaddy
Mar 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
If it still has Applecare it would be even better. Mine still had 14 months of Applecare left, that certainly helped drive the price up. I also had a custom USB hub for it, but that IMO didnt add much value to my sale.

Shoot, Id say even without the monitor, the mini + ram upgrade + bluetooth keyboard alone is worth the $450.