Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
I currently have a 4GB nano 2nd-gen, and will be upgrading my iPod in about a year. I was wondering what people thought we would see in progress in the Touch in a year.

And, on another more specific question, what capacity will $300 buy in a year?

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
How are we supposed to know when Apple doesn't. What do you think this forum has some sort of magic crystal ball?

BrownManUPS

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Denver
How are we supposed to know when Apple doesn't. What do you think this forum has some sort of magic crystal ball?

Hahaha no but we can look at trends and see what kind of times Apple would most likely update and make some conjectures. But there are SEVERAL threads on this forum that all you have to do is search for them.

But to make a fair assessment, you would need to wait for WWDC to pass by and September to pass by, both critical times for an iPod to see a revision. The touch probably won't see much until next year, but September is a while away, which is some time to consider some hardware changes (like bluetooth technology, volume buttons, a camera). But again, most updates to the touch that we may like to see probably won't happen because then you close the gap between this and the iPhone.

And 300 currently buys the 8GB touch, you can suppose that that same 300 in a year could buy 16GB at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.