Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unc32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
I just ordered myself a new ipod battery as my currenty 10 gb gets only about an hour or two per charge. I went with one that has 1500mah, what do you think of that? I got it from pdasmart.com. Good choice? There is another one that is 1200mah that is the exact one from apple via laptopsforless.com.

I figured that 300 more wouldn't hurt plus, I didn't exactly have great luck with my first battery.

SBG88

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
I am almost ready to buy a battery and replace myself. I saw some on ipodbattery.com. If you are going to do it yourself I sure would like to know how it turned out.

unc32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
I saw that one too. That is the same place as laptopsforless.com. It is the standard ipod battery at 1200mah. I ordered the 1500mah from pdasmart.com. I figured it might provide an extra amount of juice. Plus it comes with a plastic screwdriver rather than a metal. I don't want to be scratching up my buddy too much. I should be here thursday so I will provide a description of the process.

unc32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
got the battery in today and did the replacement. The actual work involved in relatively minor as it opened easily and the old battery came out. taking the old one out was the most nerve racking part as it is in the good. The new battery was 1500 mah v. 1200 mah so it was a little bigger but fit in okay. Closed it up and now charging. All seemed good so there seems to be a good solution to older ipods that are having battery problems. I ill do a test and see the total battery life I get. Hopefully it should be greater than the orginal due to the larger size.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
Originally posted by zimv20
yeah, i'd also like to hear how this turns out.

is your ipod one of the 3G ones?

i'm curious myself... but i really hope it's not the 3rd gen. he's had it for less than a year and if mine died in an hour or two, i'd be mad!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.