PDA

View Full Version : IE problem (no surprise)

mmmdreg
May 4, 2002, 02:40 AM
Sometimes when I'm using IE, I go into some other program to do other stuff, then when I come back, nothing seems to have happened so I click somewhere and the whole window moves to where I clicked and then loads...so I have to move it back up again...whats the deal? and also sometimes I'm sure I click a link or press "return" in some situations, and I go into another program to check on stuff then return but it's usually on the page I left it...even though I'm sure it was loading when I left..is this to do with flicking through programs or my computer?

Beej
May 4, 2002, 02:49 AM
I have the smae things happen. I hate IE. The thing that bugs me the most is the spinning CD I get every couple of minutes which locks IE up for 10 - 20 seconds. It seems to be happening more frequently, and for longer now. But it could just be me getting even more upset with it... :(

kaltsasa
May 4, 2002, 03:36 AM
I thought i was the only one having the IE problem, IE will just fly about the screen after coming back from another program.....I think my colorwheel is getting more frequent too, I keep my G4 in tip top shape, defraging and all. Who can solve this mystery?

mac15
May 4, 2002, 04:00 AM
Me to, I thought it was just OS X until know
but I have moved on and I am using chimera.
Get chimera or mozilla it will be your best DL

Beej
May 4, 2002, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by kaltsasa
Who can solve this mystery? Me. And mac15 too, by the looks.

Use a different browser!

Geert
May 4, 2002, 07:49 AM
Ok, must agree that changing browser solves the problem, but no other browser is as versatile as IE, all plugins work, etc.

Most other browsers just can't do what IE does, like chimera and OW, ...
Even though OW is one of the greatest, still not all plugins seem to be working (media player is one of them, no surprise is it.I bet that M$ is holding the boat for sure)

chmorley
May 4, 2002, 09:07 AM
It's the dilemma we're left with right now. IE definitely is the one that works best with the most plugins, but it crashes more than any non-beta software I have. That disrupts my "surfing experience" more than any bugs in Chimera, Mozilla, or IE.

Also, a question--anyone know why the Windows Media plugin only works with IE? With M$ being, well, M$, I suspect because it doesn't work the way plugins should in OS X and uses a proprietary method instead. Since this is out of my area of expertise, I am just guessing. Anyone know for sure?

Chris

jaykk
May 4, 2002, 10:22 AM
I sometimes not able to select any text from website for copy/paste. does anyone have this problem in IE..

for eg, i cant select any text from the following page
http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/top_news_item.cfm?NewsID=4613

Another reason for switching to Chimera Navigator ..

mmmdreg
May 4, 2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by jaykk
I sometimes not able to select any text from website for copy/paste. does anyone have this problem in IE..

Good point...I can't seem to do that either...that brings me up to 3 for the noticable bug count...

jelloshotsrule
May 4, 2002, 02:09 PM
simple solution to it just seems to be:

use chimera and/or omniweb (or whatever else) as your primary web browser.

when you come across a page or a media file that won't load in it, just bounce to IE, then get right back on the other... that way, less chance of problems.

and ideally the other browsers will become compatible with everything in the future....

chmorley
May 4, 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
simple solution to it just seems to be:

use chimera and/or omniweb (or whatever else) as your primary web browser.

when you come across a page or a media file that won't load in it, just bounce to IE, then get right back on the other... that way, less chance of problems.

and ideally the other browsers will become compatible with everything in the future....

This is what I do now, and you're right--it works fine. I use Mozilla or Chimera most of the time and switch to IE about once a week. It is frustrating, though. I look forward to deleting IE.

My question, though, is whether this is a problem with the other (non-IE) browsers or with M$'s plugin.

Any of you developers out there know?

Chris

me hate windows
May 4, 2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by jaykk

It does actually select it, even though you cant see it. I copied it to the clipboard, and pasted it in Appleworks.:) But not being able to see it is a problem:( :mad: