Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Punboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Seattle, WA
Hey,

I just started a new website called Punboy.com. Go to http://www.punboy.com and let me know what you think. It's nowhere near being finished, I just want some input on the layout and such, and maybe some help developing flash and shockwave games for the site. Thanks

--Punboy

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i would seriously consider changing the resolution of the page. most users use 1024x768, and have their browsers open in 800x600 windows... look at macrumors.com or apple.com, or most others, they generally stick to 800x600 so that the page doesn't eat up the entire computer display...

otherwise, i like the non-flashy simple approach... it makes sites much more enjoyable to me, to not have to sort throgh columns of info in different colors mixed with odd symbols and images...

:)
pnw

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
nice and simple. i second changing the resolution. 800x600 is alor more convenient for most people.

i also noticed that when i clicked on the 'chat' link it poped up in a new window. i'm not sure if it's supposed to do that, but usually when there's a bunch of links in a row like that you're expecting to leave the current area of the site, and go to where ever you click. also having heaps of windows pop up just annoys me. :p :)

but that's a good start.

Punboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Seattle, WA
Dude, wtf

I wanted everyone's opinion
grow up
Im also looking for some help.
Im not spamming.

Anyway,

What the final design is supposed to look like is here: http://punboy.com/images.scn.png

Any help fulfilling this dream is much appreciated.

Also any help with finding cheap RAM for my Powermac 7500/100 would be GREATLY appreciated

Punboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2003
Seattle, WA
Yes you do.

Anyway... now that im done getting angry with my neighbor for being a jackenapes, anyone want to help me?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by tazo
Let me do the advertising and marketing for ya, and design consulting; you know that is what I do best: I know what looks good.

Speaking of which, what happened to all the suggestions people made for fixing up PhotoPacifica? ;)

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
seriously tazo, no one gives a damn about your petty bickering. he has not posted the site on MR more than once, and MR does welcome these posts, so you have no grounds to complain. it just makes you look very childish.

punboy, the link you give for the "final appearance" gives me a charming 404... may want to look at that...
edit: looks like you already did.

:)
pnw

tazo

macrumors 68040
Originally posted by Punboy
Daniel, you suck at web design and you know it...

By the way, i think i mistyped the URL for the sc.png thing.... http://punboy.com/images/scn.png is the correct one

I know what looks good, just not how to code it; I have explained that to you before.

Rower,

Its on my massive to-do list. Right up there with breaking a beer bottle over a countertop, and telling someone (on an airport tarmac) that "I have a plane to catch" ;)

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
I know what looks good, just not how to code it; I have explained that to you before.

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but as you guys live next door to each other, couldn't you meet up for the "you suck" - "no I don't" - "yes, you do" discussion? I mean look on the bright side: if you can't agree, you can always fight for it :p

PS. don't forget the boxing gloves :D

tazo

macrumors 68040
Originally posted by whocares
I don't want to sound rude or anything, but as you guys live next door to each other, couldn't you meet up for the "you suck" - "no I don't" - "yes, you do" discussion? I mean look on the bright side: if you can't agree, you can always fight for it :p

PS. don't forget the boxing gloves :D

Alas, Mr. Punboy has taken it upon himself to turn off his cellphone ;)

whocares

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2002
:noitаɔo˩
Alas, Mr. Punboy has taken it upon himself to turn off his cellphone ;)

I then suggest the use on the home phone. At this time of night, it will give you the huge advantage of pissing is parents off :p

Sorry, Punboy. BTW it would work for you too ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.