Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davsot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
oes anyone know what Mac program I can use to recover my .avi and DivX files from my MS-DOS formatted disk?

davsot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Been there, done that

I already bought that program. It doesn't scan for .avi a DivX. Know any that do?

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
What happens if you do a Quick Scan / Thorough Scan?

As far as I know, you can only specify certain file types, once the result list is complete.

/Rupert

davsot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Quikskanthorow

Quick scan: nothing
Thorough: Everything in specifics, but no .avi or DivX:confused:

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Hmm... Did you use the drive in between for anything? Maybe your data got overwritten already.

Furthermore, what you always have to consider, is that you try to recover deleted data. While Data Rescue is good in doing so, it's not perfect.

Only option left is to send it off to a (very expensive) data recovery service.
I hate to break this to you...

/Rupert

davsot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
What about Windows

If I'm planning on taking it elsewhere I might as well try a Windows program right?

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
Hi,

of course you can give a Windows program a shot. But I don't know any good Windows applications for that purpose. A quick Google search turns up, what seems to be a lot of crap. You better let somebody recommend you something.

Please tell me, if you are successful.

Good luck.
/Rupert

davsot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
That's what I meant

Yeah, that was my question. Because, like you said a goog search does turn up crap. :S Anyone know any good windows recovery programs? (read thread for more info)

mackindergarten

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
As this is a forum is populated with a majority of Mac users, you're probably better of asking for help in a PC forum...

/Rupert

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.