Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ICUK

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2008
Yes

Hi aeying. i have purchased about 3 M Airs and have one myself. They all had some wobble. If you try and gently bend the opposite corners to the wobble it will sort it out.

It must happen if you hold the laptop on one corner.

Thanks

marykay9507

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
Doesn't it bother you that you spent so much on a machine and have to bend it to make it level? I would be terrified to do that!

pughchrism

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2007
It's only the aluminum that you are GENTLY warping and these units are not that fragile. It didn't take much force on mine.

Had a new MBP with the lid not fitting well at all b/c it was bowed down in the middle. Not what I wanted on a machine that costs about 2 grand. Just a little warp and it fit nice and even.

People on the MBP forums had consistently complained about the lids fitting poorly. I agree with them that some of the MBP's aren't manufactured to a quality you would expect from Apple. But, it's just too easy to fix and it made me like my unit that much more when the lid fit well.

kyleen66

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Mine doesn't wobble on my desk, lap desk, or dining room table.

Took it to two meetings the last two weeks (two different boardrooms) and it wobbled on their tables. I thought, "what the hell" and wondered if it was damaged in transit. Nope. Still stable and unmoving on my desk.

I'm going to go with that some surfaces, even if they LOOK flat and smooth, really aren't. I'd try a couple of different places before I'd say 100% that your computer has a real stability issue.

toomuchmac

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
Colorado
Mine doesn't wobble on my desk, lap desk, or dining room table.

Took it to two meetings the last two weeks (two different boardrooms) and it wobbled on their tables. I thought, "what the hell" and wondered if it was damaged in transit. Nope. Still stable and unmoving on my desk.

I'm going to go with that some surfaces, even if they LOOK flat and smooth, really aren't. I'd try a couple of different places before I'd say 100% that your computer has a real stability issue.

This has been my experience. I first read of the wobble a while back and then went to mine and sure as heck it wobbled. "Oh no! WTF?" Then when back at a "nice" desk, it was totally fine. My kitchen counter top = wobble. Two hotel in room desks = one wobble, one fine.

I think it's so thin that the slightest variation in the flatness of a surface will show its ugly head in MBA wobble.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
One of ones I had wobbled. I pressed down on the corners firmly for 30 seconds or so and it stoppled wobbling.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.