Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eoren1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
For the past week, when using my macbook in the office, I have noticed a few episodes of it becoming unresponsive. The office is extremely dry and static electricity is a constant problem. I usually 'discharge' on the PC tower. When I forget and touch the macbook trackpad, I find the macbook becomes unresponsive to the keyboard and trackpad. I need to close the lid and wait for it to go to sleep before opening up again and resuming my work. I have installed all software updates and am using OS 10.5.2.
Anyone finding similar effects from static electricity? Should I be concerned about this? Any reason to take this to the genius bar?
Thanks,
E

littlejodo

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2007
Same Problem

I've had the same problem with my MacBook. The weather has gotten colder and the air is so dry that static electricity is a constant problem. Many times I have touched my trackpad and shocked the thing only to have my trackpad and keyboard go dead. I have no idea how this happens but I have started to touch a light switch to discharge any static buildup before touching my laptop to avoid the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.