Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatonekid393

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Hey all, I bought an Invisible Shield for my Touch. I got it on perfectly, but somehow dust got trapped underneath! I think it was when I first opened the shield and was in what I thought was a dust-free environment....but I guess any particles at all will stick to this thing, and now they won't come off! I've run it under hot water many times. Can anyone give me tips on how to rinse the shield off before I re-apply it (hopefully, dust-free)?

Thank you. I recommend this product because for all the hassle, it really is a shield for whatever gadget you use it on.

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
Hey all, I bought an Invisible Shield for my Touch. I got it on perfectly, but somehow dust got trapped underneath! I think it was when I first opened the shield and was in what I thought was a dust-free environment....but I guess any particles at all will stick to this thing, and now they won't come off! I've run it under hot water many times. Can anyone give me tips on how to rinse the shield off before I re-apply it (hopefully, dust-free)?

Thank you. I recommend this product because for all the hassle, it really is a shield for whatever gadget you use it on.

Lay the shield on a flat surface with the "sticky" side up. Then cover it with strips of Scotch(C) Tape - the invisible type, not the glossy plastic kind. When you pull the tape off it should pull off the dust particles and leave a clean surface. It worked for me; washing with soap and water didn't work.

thatonekid393

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I used a bowl of warm water and some dishwashing soap to get it mostly free of debris....it's now drying. There are a few little specks, but I can live with them; it's a small price to pay for something that defends against pretty much all scratches (I just took a key to it like in all those videos and it really does protect)

I think I'll redo the back now, because it's pretty messy and I haven't used this method on it yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.