PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 8GB iPhone Unlocked Bought 12-07

mattniles007
Mar 21, 2008, 10:36 AM
I recently cancelled my service with ATT. Just looking to see how much the iPhone is worth. Bought it in 12-07, comes with case, good condition, all accessories included. Updated with most recent version. My ebay ID is KMROS if you need references.

aquanutz
Mar 21, 2008, 11:00 AM
I'd say around $300. Maybe a little more.

You aren't going to get that much more for it being unlocked since anyone can unlock all firmware versions in under 2 minutes on both OS X and Windows.

jaydub
Mar 21, 2008, 11:48 AM
I would say closer to $250 because AT&T is offering refurbs for that price now. They are sold out currently, but it's likely they'll have them again.

brn2ski00
Mar 21, 2008, 11:51 AM
Depends on where you sell it. If you sell it on MR, then I'd say $250 is a good bet. If you sell it on eBay, then you could probably get closer to $350.

taylorwilsdon
Mar 21, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'll give you $300 right now if you want.

gkarris
Mar 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
I would say closer to $250 because AT&T is offering refurbs for that price now. They are sold out currently, but it's likely they'll have them again.

Yes, but where? People say they're here around Chicago but I haven't been able to find any. I ordered online...

So, between AT&T's $250 and Apple's $350 is $300...

mattniles007
Mar 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
Thank you all for the input so far, kind of reinforcing my ideas.

aethelbert
Mar 21, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yes, but where? People say they're here around Chicago but I haven't been able to find any. I ordered online...

So, between AT&T's $250 and Apple's $350 is $300...
They were available to the whole country online this week, but are no longer up there as they are backordered.

eyemacg5
Mar 22, 2008, 03:14 AM
i'll offer $350 shipped to the uk

mattniles007
Mar 27, 2008, 12:18 PM
Anyone interested? I am putting it on eBay this weekend but would prefer to sell it here.

jayeskreezy
Mar 27, 2008, 02:01 PM

nah this is just a lowballer...the cost and value of things aren't necessarily what you MIGHT be able to catch it for if you're online for the right 10 minutes during a week.

Honestly, due to the demand and limited availability you should be able to get more than that for your 8gb iphone. I've seen brand new REFURBS unlocked go for about $500 on ebay...after shipping and fees that's around 450, but it's much better than being lowballed. They even go for more on CList around here. I'd say put it on ebay if you want the best deal.

intoxicated662
Mar 27, 2008, 02:18 PM
I agree with the person above. Getting the iphone 8gb for $250 is a limited time and there is no guarantee. Besides, in all honesty i'd rather pay for something that someone took care of and is under warranty over that of a refurb. I have never bought and never will buy a refurb item. Although it's been repaired and all by the original company I feel more safe and secure buying a used one that still has warranty and all. Just as long as it's well taken care of and not damaged. I say you can get an easy $275-$350

EHUnlucky7x9@ao
Mar 27, 2008, 03:31 PM
Refurbs are actually has a less of a chance of being returned since they are equipment that is reinspected and returned to stock specifications. Just because you buy brand new, doesn't mean you are free from defects. There's always a lemon in every new batch of apples.

I love refubs because you definitely get a savings. OP, I know this is a feeler thread, but can you please PM me the price your hoping to get for this iPhone? I'm in the market for one and I'm not particular to whether it is used/refub/new.

jaydub
Mar 27, 2008, 05:05 PM
nah this is just a lowballer...the cost and value of things aren't necessarily what you MIGHT be able to catch it for if you're online for the right 10 minutes during a week.

Honestly, due to the demand and limited availability you should be able to get more than that for your 8gb iphone. I've seen brand new REFURBS unlocked go for about $500 on ebay...after shipping and fees that's around 450, but it's much better than being lowballed. They even go for more on CList around here. I'd say put it on ebay if you want the best deal.

:rolleyes: It's far from being a lowball. The phones were available all day last tuesday, and it's likely they'll be there again. I'll never understand people's loss of grasp on reality. He asked for input about a possible price. I suggested closer to $250 for a USED phone. I don't see how that's irrational.

Regardless, I am not buying his phone so it's not like the suggestion was for my own benefit.

MacMan2008
Mar 27, 2008, 05:50 PM
hey mate would you ship to australia i will take it for $300

cheers

jayeskreezy
Mar 27, 2008, 08:12 PM
:rolleyes: It's far from being a lowball. The phones were available all day last tuesday, and it's likely they'll be there again. I'll never understand people's loss of grasp on reality. He asked for input about a possible price. I suggested closer to $250 for a USED phone. I don't see how that's irrational.

Regardless, I am not buying his phone so it's not like the suggestion was for my own benefit.

I don't think it's a loss of reality, but "all day Tuesday" is slightly a stretch. Also, 75% of the people looking for iphones probably aren't aware that they're so "readily available". The demand is much higher for these then they're refurb retail value which makes this worth much more than retail value. That's my point. I don't care about retail value-I'm talking about demand. I don't think you coming in and basically saying it's really worth this or that low amount is realistically helping the seller at all...feeler or not.

That's like telling someone who was looking for a Nintendo wii 2 weeks after launch day that they should only pay $249.99 + tax for it. Yes, that was the retail price, but not the current value with demand-I know because I sold a brand new one for $500. I think if anyone is experiencing a loss of reality it might be you. The value of an item is what someone is willing to pay for it-not necessarily its retail value.

So anyway, I have nothing more to say about this. OP I'd say for a 3 month old good condition 8gb iphone you should be able to get $350-$450 easily depending on where you sell it. :)

mattniles007
Mar 28, 2008, 11:00 AM
iPhone is Sold!