Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pattman247

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Toronto
Okay, so I received a new macbook Penryn from the apple store, and it turns out this computer has a weird way of turning off the display. When I use the corners to sleep display, it doesn't go off all at once (like my previous laptop), it fades away from different sides and it appears to dissapear quickly till its gone. The display is otherwize fine, amazing quality (weird), but I always read complaints about it, with yellowing or angles, but mine is perfectly fine (at the moment at least). It's weird. Does anyone else have this way of turning off or do I have a new display model in my macbook?
Also my clicker sucks, cant press on the top part, only bottom. Its okay since I use tap-to-click, but it is a nuisance nonetheless.
It turns off slowly, slower than normal, thats the best way to say it.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
how do I find out my display model number?

I believe it is under the System Information application in Applications->Utilities. It may just be a number, if that is the case, do a Google Seach for the number along with Display to get any additional information you may need.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.