PDA

View Full Version : QUEEN now on iTMS!

Flowbee
Nov 4, 2003, 12:32 PM
Six albums online today. Ok, so it's not any of thier 'classic' recordings... but a very hopeful sign, indeed. :D

srobert
Nov 4, 2003, 01:36 PM
Excellent. I was just thinking earlier this week on how Queen was a shamefull omission on iTMS. Ok, there is'nt much as we speak but it's a step in the right direction.

pivo6
Nov 4, 2003, 06:24 PM
Finally. I've been sending recommendations to add them to the store. OK its not the greatest selection..yet, but it's a start.

Dahl
Nov 4, 2003, 10:15 PM
Could it be because off their label ? The albums that are up now are on Hollywood records ( their US label ), I wonder if their older labels are on Hollywood or if they just need to be remastered.

It could also just be, that they are sitting out for now like Beatles and other huge names.

banzaiman
Nov 5, 2003, 09:35 PM
Speaking of Queen, could someone tell me which part of the Rhapsody the clip of this cover (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=3297321&selectedItemId=3297294) is doing? With all the Spanish and strange (?) rhythm, I can't figure out what the heck it is. :confused:

I appreciate your help!

srobert
Nov 5, 2003, 09:59 PM
weird... I've only recognized a 5 second extract in the backgorund (12 notes). It's been picked from the beginning of the original Bohemian Rhapsody, the part where freddy is signing: "Mama, just kiled a man..."

Flowbee
Nov 5, 2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by banzaiman
Speaking of Queen, could someone tell me which part of the Rhapsody the clip of this cover (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playlistId=3297321&selectedItemId=3297294) is doing? With all the Spanish and strange (?) rhythm, I can't figure out what the heck it is. :confused:

I appreciate your help!

What a strange album that is! :confused:

Genie
Nov 12, 2003, 02:38 AM
Queen is totally awesome- esp the older stuff

gwuMACaddict
Nov 16, 2003, 09:18 PM
freddie, brian, john, and roger put together some of the greatest music the rock world will ever see. their musical range was amazing and some of their best songs are the cuts that were never released as singles.

thank goodness itunes is finally starting to recognize.

MattG
Nov 19, 2003, 02:46 PM
Now over 20 albums!

Flowbee
Nov 19, 2003, 02:50 PM
And "Bohemian Rhapsody" is in the top 10 songs list! (as of this moment) :D

srobert
Nov 19, 2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Flowbee
And "Bohemian Rhapsody" is in the top 10 songs list! (as of this moment) :D

Spiffy!

And it's not even the best version :)

edit: Correction! It is! They added a few albums since I last checked. Most of them actually! (22 albums) Excellent. They even got their own themed start page on iTMS.

On a sour note, some of these albums cost way more than the traditionnal $9.90. Up to $18.81. Will we be seing more unequal princing on iTMS? that was one on musicmatch biggest critic.

Flowbee
Nov 19, 2003, 03:47 PM
Dang. Before yesterday, their classic albums were all $9.99. Now it looks like they've raised them to .99 per song. Well, I guess I can save a few bucks by not buying the remixes they've tacked onto the albums. :(