Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stupendusboi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I am deciding on getting a Switcheasy Capsule for iphone or a Contour Showcase for iphone. Anyone got any opinions for this battle?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Contour Showcase, there have been very few (if any) people that have satisfied with their switch easy.

What are you looking for, chances are there is something else that will be better.

stupendusboi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Well im looking definitely for a plastic case or polycarbonate. BUt i would prefer some Extra protection like the rubber on edges. But i also need to buy screen protectors and a headphone adapter which the switcheasy includes. THe problem with the showcase is that i saw a couple pics of where someones case was so tight, that it actually cracked the glass in the shape of the case.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Well im looking definitely for a plastic case or polycarbonate. BUt i would prefer some Extra protection like the rubber on edges. But i also need to buy screen protectors and a headphone adapter which the switcheasy includes. THe problem with the showcase is that i saw a couple pics of where someones case was so tight, that it actually cracked the glass in the shape of the case.

I imagine that the iPhone might be replaced by Contour.

As for all the people that have "loved" their switcheasy

I had the capsule... didn't like it too much since I felt like the screen protectors didn't work so well. I'm selling mine actually...

anyways for you I would recommend looking into the Incase Slider case, maybe the Cozip clip on back case. Maybe even the Seidio Rubberized case. These are all very slim cases that add very little bulk to your phone.

I'm currently using the Cozip clip on back case, it provides just enough protection for the back of the phone and adds a very nice grippy feeling to the phone.

Just for the record... i was going to buy switcheasy capsule, but decided against it... i believe i was being rational: an iPhone - it mainly attracts due to its sleek, elegant and sexy design, so it would be quite silly to put it in 'the first class plastic' (right) or rubber for that matter... why would one do that when you can get just as much protection with other cases, such as vaja top holster sp, which i opted for :) they are amazing!

Most users dont like the "cheap" feel and most users on here have sold some part of their switcheasy capsule

stupendusboi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
The thing is is that i plan on unlocking it with tmobile and cant get that apple warranty. Would contour Designs need a activated iphone to get that "warranty"

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
The thing is is that i plan on unlocking it with tmobile and cant get that apple warranty. Would contour Designs need a activated iphone to get that "warranty"

that was just an assertion that if Contour was intelligent and wanted to get some good publicity, they would replace the iPhone, I however doubt that it would do this to your iPhone, otherwise Apple would have pulled the showcase from the store

stupendusboi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Ok thanks for your help! Im going to buy the showcase, an Invisible shield for 12 bucks and buy an adapter with a gift card. I just couldnt stand the fact that the Switcheasy didnt have a rubberized edging and did not protect around the earpiece.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.