Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan7592

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
aren't there differences between the earlier macbooks ie: late 2006 models vs current models?

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
Should be on the apple site, its not much different, as mentioned above num keyh is gone, the apple logo is taken of the command key and expose and dashboard pics are on the f keys, and the f keys are relocated. Otherwise the keyboard is still the same touch and quality, just optimised for leaopard a little more, i kinda miss the apple logo on the comand key though :(

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
Bah not really worth the trouble, I am far too busy to do that because of a logo :p, if it was stock though, i wuld be more then happy to take it :)

GeneKam

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Mississauga, ON
oh, hah well tehnically it could be done, just get a replacement key, as far as i know they only have a full set, but really a new key would cost about 10 per peace. So it could be done if the key could be found!:D

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
are there any pics of the newer keyboard?

The new MacBook keyboard:
design_keyboard20080226.jpg

For better definition, its identical to the bluetooth wireless Apple keyboard:
wireless_1_20070813.jpg

alexjdb

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2007
The earlier keyboards didn't have F-keys for dashboards (at least not F3), but you can remap them (google for a free software to do that).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.