Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the taz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Hi, I`ve searched but cant find an answer, I have a couple of AV cables including an apple one, I cant watch movies on my tv from my touch, I know I need to buy a new cable (£35) but I dont want to, is there any way around this?
Thanks in advance.:confused:

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Hi, I`ve searched but cant find an answer, I have a couple of AV cables including an apple one, I cant watch movies on my tv from my touch, I know I need to buy a new cable (£35) but I dont want to, is there any way around this?
Thanks in advance.:confused:

Nah, you won't be able to use the old Apple cable. Older iPods used the headphone jack for the TV out option, the new 2007 iPods use the dock connector instead.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I'm hoping someone with the SDK figures out how to let a Touch STREAM music and video. You'd go to the IP address of the Touch from a PC and you could then stream it's content to the PC. Some new HDTVs are coming with wifi built-in. Stream Touch videos wirelessly right to the HDTV! That's what I'm waiting for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.