Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveisonfire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Hi everyone, I've got a little question regarding the Macbook. I'm looking to buy a new 2.4ghz macbook and I'm wondering if I'll be able to run FCP on it. According to what I saw on the Apple site, FCP doesnt support the integrated graphics card on the macbook. Does that mean that it won't run or that it will just be a little slower? I'd also be content running Premiere and I'm sure that will run.

In terms of speed, for the same clock speed are the MBP and the MB the same?

I know there are some features differences between the two, most notably the backlit keyboard, multi touch trackpad.. is there anything else major that i will regret not getting a Pro?

Thanks!

Jpoon

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Hi everyone, I've got a little question regarding the Macbook. I'm looking to buy a new 2.4ghz macbook and I'm wondering if I'll be able to run FCP on it. According to what I saw on the Apple site, FCP doesnt support the integrated graphics card on the macbook. Does that mean that it won't run or that it will just be a little slower? I'd also be content running Premiere and I'm sure that will run.

In terms of speed, for the same clock speed are the MBP and the MB the same?

I know there are some features differences between the two, most notably the backlit keyboard, multi touch trackpad.. is there anything else major that i will regret not getting a Pro?

Thanks!

The pro has a graphics card with it's own memory, so that'd definitely be better for graphic intensive applications. If you're doing a lot of video editing go for a Pro.
*Edit* Did some searching, there's already a thread concerning this issue:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/457361/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.