Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
Hi.

I've just bought a BlackBook (arriving next week), and bought a Tucano Neoprene Sleeve with it.

I go to school and carry alot of books and papers and so on, and would like to know if my blackbook will be offered enough protection with the neoprene sleeve in my backpack? Of course I'll take care of it, and not "throwin'" it in, but does any of you guys use that solution mentioned above?

Also wondering if there was any diffenrence between the Tucano and Incase Sleeve? 'Cause the Tucano has interior of 3 mm and on Apple's website they say that the Incase has 5mm, but on their own website it says 3mm too. So there is'nt any difference, right?

Experiences are welcome :)

/Thanks::apple: = :)

MasterMacBook

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2008
Austarlia, W.A
um no thats enough:)
theres not much more (if anything)
you can do without buying a shell for it.
maybe if u want more, put the clear scrath resistant sheet thingos on it:phave fun on ur blackbook:)
:apple:

MacFanBoyIIe

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2008
I have a neoprene sleeve and it does the trick for my MB. I've carried it that way for more than a year, no problems.

ricpac

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
One of those Samsonite backpacks will do. Y'know I've used a Transparent Smoke case off macbook-case.com, it felt like it's no longer a MacBook so I took it off and will sell it for cheap. I'll stick with my squeaky clean whitee.

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
One of those Samsonite backpacks will do. Y'know I've used a Transparent Smoke case off macbook-case.com, it felt like it's no longer a MacBook so I took it off and will sell it for cheap. I'll stick with my squeaky clean whitee.

I've considerata buying one of those ISIS sleeves, which seems quite alot thicker than the normal sleeve. It's made of memory foam. Anyone know anything about these?

iBookfan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
I've considerata buying one of those ISIS sleeves, which seems quite alot thicker than the normal sleeve. It's made of memory foam. Anyone know anything about these?

Well I've just bought a New red sleeve in memory foam from Isis Dei and can't wait to recieve it. It's a lot more thick than the Tucano and it only cost the half. The new models are also design to fit more snug to the Macbook than the previous models :)

I'll leave a review of it, when I'll recieve it (about 10 days) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.