PDA

View Full Version : PowerBook G4 TrackPad problem ...

BLV
Nov 4, 2003, 09:11 PM
Hi guys,

Hoping to find some answers here, as I have been on the phone with Mac Tech support for about 6 times in the past few weeks. As of today, I will be shipping out my practically brand new (2 months old) Powerbook to them because they can't fix the following problem.

My trackpad freezes at startup, with Bluetooth assistant coming on right away saying no devices were found. It also freezes randomly on the desktop.

Now, here are a few interesting things:

1. Bluetooth is off, I'm not using any wireless devices
2. When I hook up the mouse, while the error is frozen, everything works ok
3. Sometimes the only way to get rid of the freezing of the trackpad is by resetting the PRAM

As I've said, Mac Tech support weren't able to help (they've suggested various things, resetting the power settings, reinstalling the OS, which I've done, doing the fsck -y, removing caches & yadda, yadda, yadda). So if anyone here has experienced this problem, I would really appreciate some feedback as the prospect of parting with my laptop for even 3-5 days does not appeal to me.

Thanks in advance,

ELENA

yadmonkey
Nov 5, 2003, 01:37 PM
If you've reinstalled the OS and it still happens, then its almost surely a hardware problem. It sucks to part with your Powerbook, but at least you are still in warantee - imagine if you weren't!

Good luck!