PDA

View Full Version : Ipod on a USB Hub on a Network?

PcBgone
Mar 23, 2008, 05:55 PM
I have a usb hub plugged into my Time Capsule. I would like to have my ipod shuffle plugged into that usb hub so that I can transfer music over the network from any computer, but when I load itunes, it never can locate the ipod. It is a powered usb hub, so I know its not a power issue. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere to get this to work?

Thanks!

Phil A.
Mar 23, 2008, 06:28 PM
I have a usb hub plugged into my Time Capsule. I would like to have my ipod shuffle plugged into that usb hub so that I can transfer music over the network from any computer, but when I load itunes, it never can locate the ipod. It is a powered usb hub, so I know its not a power issue. Is there a setting I need to change somewhere to get this to work?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't think this will work - the USB port on Time Capsule doesn't give you wireless USB capabilities

PcBgone
Mar 23, 2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry, I don't think this will work - the USB port on Time Capsule doesn't give you wireless USB capabilities

I have the usb hub plugged into the time capsule...I have 2 printers and another hard drive plugged up to it. I am able to access those wirelessly, why not the ipod?
Even if I couldnt access wirelessly, Im still unable to access the ipod through the hub wired......

Phil A.
Mar 24, 2008, 07:05 AM
I have the usb hub plugged into the time capsule...I have 2 printers and another hard drive plugged up to it. I am able to access those wirelessly, why not the ipod?
Even if I couldnt access wirelessly, Im still unable to access the ipod through the hub wired......
Because Time Capsule has a print server and file server built in that shares the printers and disks plugged into it over the network. There is no support for sharing an iPod over the network. Not sure what you mean by your second point - are you saying if you plug the hub directly into your computer you still can't see the iPod?

nick9191
Mar 24, 2008, 07:26 AM
And you cant put music on it from any computer because it is only allowed to be linked to one computer, if you plug it into another it will ask you to wipe it.

PcBgone
Mar 24, 2008, 10:05 AM
No, I can see the ipod if I connect it directly to the computer, just not through the usb hub connected on the network...

Any chance of getting around this? Or am I just out of luck?

Fonzijr1964
Mar 24, 2008, 06:32 PM
i think what you are taking about is what the Express does i think it should work