Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linden

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
Hey everyone. I just got a new 8 gig ipod touch and ive been looking on the fourms and seen people post thing like im on update 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 can somone explain how i can get them what they have in them and if i might allready have them. thanks!

MacDann

macrumors 6502a
Hey everyone. I just got a new 8 gig ipod touch and ive been looking on the fourms and seen people post thing like im on update 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 can somone explain how i can get them what they have in them and if i might allready have them. thanks!

Those numbers refer to firmware/software revisions.

When you have your iPod Touch plugged in and iTunes open, click on the icon for your iPod Touch in the left column. In the window on the right, a set of tabbed pages will show up, and the first one shows the name, serial number, and firmware/software revision number.

If you just bought yours from a retailer (especially Apple) it should have the latest software version installed. If not, iTunes would be asking you to update it.

MacDann

MM07

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
Try going to Settings-->General-->About.

Then look for the version #.

This is how it is on my iPhone, I do not have a touch. :D

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
Sure.
Plug your iPod into the computer and launch iTunes
The iPod Config. screen should appear with a picture of your iPod and a list of details.
Look For:
Software Details
That shows your current software
the latest is 1.1.4
If yours is anything else hit "check for update"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.