Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jigglyjon

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
I am going to be buying a new ibook in the near future, and i was wondering if should get bluetooth. I am in college and money is extremely tight...
I was wondering if i could get the bluetooth later and have it added to the laptop or does it need to be added inside the machine?
I am planing on using the bluetooth for a wireless keyboard and mouse. Does anyone have any sites for buying bluetooth accessories?

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Get your iBook with Bluetooth. Apple will install the module internally. You cannot get this done after you have bought your iBook. You will still be able to get Bluetooth later but only with an external module.

The two things you should get done are to increase the hard drive space and get the internal bluetooth. You can install RAM and an Airport Extreme card later if need be. The other two you cannot do later (unless maybe you're super savvy with computer hardware and willing to void your warranty).

Hold off on Applecare. You can buy that up to one year later anyhow. That will drop your current price down (although I would recommend it at some point but that's your call).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.