PDA

View Full Version : MP broke down - purchased songs lost... or?

mcadam
Mar 24, 2008, 04:11 PM
My Mac Pro lost contact to its HD. The warranty covered the repair cost but they had to put a new HD in it and couldn't retrieve anything from the one they took out.

So all data since last backup lot, most important of this all the songs I purdchased on iTunes music store.

So now 'm trying to find out if it's possible to retrieve those songs from my iTunes account - or do I have to buy them all again?

Had a trouble searching for the right terms I think, so advice would be greatly appreciated.

A

chris57
Mar 24, 2008, 04:17 PM
Well if you have an iPod, you can easily retrieve the songs off of it. There's a bunch of free apps that let you do it.

mcadam
Mar 24, 2008, 04:31 PM
Yup, I know ... unfortunately I didn't have all of those songs on my iPod. That's why I'm wondering if Apple might let me download the songs again, since they know I've bought them once already...

The guy in the shop said he thought it was possible, but I've been looking around iTunes and Apples site but haven't been able to find anything about it...

northy124
Mar 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
They Allow You To Re-Download The Song/s Once After The First Time You Downloaded Them, Phone And Ask Them.

Cinematographer
Mar 24, 2008, 06:12 PM
They Allow You To Re-Download The Song/s Once After The First Time You Downloaded Them, Phone And Ask Them.

Apple lets you do that. But it's a once in a lifetime exception. Apple stronly recommends to backup your music.

mcadam
Mar 24, 2008, 06:30 PM
That is so nice to hear... but wondering who it is I'm supposed to call to get this working? Apple support? ... guess I'll try them tomorrow...

Thx a lot.

A