PDA

View Full Version : iPod 4G Help

litosclone
Mar 24, 2008, 05:19 PM
My iPod (4G) was recently working fine connected to it's iHome. This weekend I wanted to play some music and the iPod wouldn't turn on. I looked at the iPod and there was no battery icon, I tried to turn it on and nothing happens.
I Plugged it into the outlet charger, my mac and powerbook and it still nothing. I also tried a hard reset and it didn't work ether. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it the battery or the HD? How do I fix my iPod?

TEG
Mar 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
Battery Indicator means that the battery has been fried or disconnected.

You could just get it replaced at an Apple store for $60.

TEG

litosclone
Mar 24, 2008, 05:42 PM
There is nothing on screen -- It's blank and I can't hear the HD turn on. I'm also about 3 hours away from an apple store. :(

iDAG
Mar 24, 2008, 05:52 PM
I think it is time for you to get a new iPod. The components in them will allow them to last longer than older ones.

litosclone
Mar 24, 2008, 05:59 PM
Well I'm getting an iPhone once my contract is up with T-mobile, but that's in January 2009. So If I can fix the iPod It'll get me through this year.

MattyMac
Mar 24, 2008, 06:35 PM
Well I'm getting an iPhone once my contract is up with T-mobile, but that's in January 2009. So If I can fix the iPod It'll get me through this year.

Apples battery replacement program is sweet. They'll send you a mint iPod (seems brand new to me) of the iPod you send them. The cost is $69 however.

TEG
Mar 24, 2008, 07:56 PM
Apples battery replacement program is sweet. They'll send you a mint iPod (seems brand new to me) of the iPod you send them. The cost is $69 however.

It is $60 (or used to be) when you do it in the store.

TEG

litosclone
Mar 24, 2008, 09:17 PM
Great, Thanks for all your help!