Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hypolyte

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I was in the NYC 5th avenue store this past weekend deciding if the air is right for me and comparing it to the macbook. The sales person i was talking to said that Apple is going to be adding the led screen and the multi-touch trackpad in the very near future - anyone have a sense if this is true and if it is when can we expect such an upgrade to happen. Thanks

Retired
May 16, 2006
The sales person has no knowledge whatsoever, and is just guessing like us

The LED screens are almost certain to come this year, and I think that the trackpad may come ~MacWorld 09.

illidian

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
The LED screen, multi-touch trackpad, and the enhanced back lighting (along with the keyboard) are the current features that the MBP has over the MB at this point.

I think the multi-touch will come first, then the LED, and finally the back lighting. Apple will certainly be throwing in at least one of these in their next update, and by next year (likely the first update of the year, but certainly by the end) I expect all three of these features to be on the MacBook line.

As soon as that happens, I'm not sure what the MBP's advantages will be - but I'm sure Apple will come up with something.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Apple Store employees are no more in the know that you and I. They may here rumors and speculation, but no more than that of any other job. And it's usually based on nothing and is usually wrong. The Apple fanboys that work there are probably going on educated guesses based on information they read here. I know retail, and believe me, the floor workers are always the last to know anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.