Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatonekid393

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
For some reason tonight, while putting some videos on my iPod Touch, it started disconnecting from iTunes. I thought it odd, but disconnected and reconnected it repeatedly until it stopped flashing in and out of contact. When I did, the little bar that shows you your capacity and what it's made up of still said 3.07 GB, but it was all one color classified as "other". I found that on my iPod, I had no songs or video. I tried re-syncing it, and found that the "other" media (corrupted, I assume) did not go away. Is there any way short of forcing it to Restore (and having to go through the whole jailbreak process AGAIN) that I can get rid of this media?

-If it's relevant, I have a converter working on some videos and Ares Galaxy downloading some music, and I was also streaming a video online and playing a Flash game on onemorelevel.com
Also I'm the guy who got his iPod slightly wet the other day, and it has been drying since then. I haven't noticed any performance glitches apart from this....all the water was on the screen.

Idea!! If I SSH'ed into my iPod, I could delete the corrupt files, could I not?
Does anyone know the file path for where music, movies, and photos are stored? Thank you...

Iunno.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.