PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: Iphone 4gb Unlocked New (refurb)

jayeskreezy
Mar 25, 2008, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking about selling a new unlocked refurb Iphone still in box (taken out to unlock). What would it go for on MR? Is $375 too much? Is craigslist a better option?

aethelbert
Mar 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
Yes, $375 is too much for here. People on this forum will probably be smart enough to know that it doesn't cost $175 extra to unlock a phone when it can be done for free in a few minutes.

intoxicated662
Mar 25, 2008, 03:04 PM
$375? WOW. That is way too much. I paid $360 for an 8gb unlocked and as others have previously stated an 8gb refurb goes for $249. Although you cannot get an 8gb for that price easily, they do have them in stock from time to time and even on ebay an 8gb that is not a refurb can be bough for $325-400 as i've seen them go for that price myself. Maybe you'd be better off offering it in a trade+cash or just lower the price by alot. Just look around and you'll see more or less how much you can really get for it..

jayeskreezy
Mar 25, 2008, 03:21 PM
$375? WOW. That is way too much. I paid $360 for an 8gb unlocked and as others have previously stated an 8gb refurb goes for $249. Although you cannot get an 8gb for that price easily, they do have them in stock from time to time and even on ebay an 8gb that is not a refurb can be bough for $325-400 as i've seen them go for that price myself. Maybe you'd be better off offering it in a trade+cash or just lower the price by alot. Just look around and you'll see more or less how much you can really get for it..

Oh ok b/c I def have seen them go for $400, but that's good to know. Ebay might be a better route or CL. Thanks!

intoxicated662
Mar 25, 2008, 03:37 PM
craigslist does wonders for me. lol so you're better off with craigslist since there is no fee or charge and you can sell it locally so you get the $ on the spot and you get to dodge shipping and paypal fees. you can try ebay, but then u have to pay ebay fees, paypal and shipping as well so you don't end up making much overall.