PDA

View Full Version : ITUNES to home stereo

jncrow
Nov 5, 2003, 02:40 PM
I am interested in connecting an older pc to my home stereo system and stream the music from my itunes library on my main itunes. Was wondering if anyone else has had success with this and if there has been any problems implimenting this.

Thanks in advance!

daveL
Nov 5, 2003, 02:50 PM
Shouldn't be a problem. I've shared iTunes music between my TiBook and my wife's XP machine. I'm wireless, she's wired. Works fine. I have an older laptop running RH Linux and wireless, with audio out connected to the home sound system. We regularly listen to internet radio this way. Shouldn't be much of a stretch to run some form of WinDoze, install iTunes, then share and play. I've had it on my list, just haven't done it yet.

daveL
Nov 6, 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by daveL
Shouldn't be a problem. I've shared iTunes music between my TiBook and my wife's XP machine. I'm wireless, she's wired. Works fine. I have an older laptop running RH Linux and wireless, with audio out connected to the home sound system. We regularly listen to internet radio this way. Shouldn't be much of a stretch to run some form of WinDoze, install iTunes, then share and play. I've had it on my list, just haven't done it yet.
Installed win2k and iTunes last night on the laptop. I'm streaming AAC 192kbs from my Tibook downstairs to the laptop upstairs (connected to home sound system) as we speak; both machines are wireless. I suggest you set the stream buffer size to "large" in "iTunes:Perferences:Advanced".

jncrow
Nov 6, 2003, 01:56 PM
Took my Powerbook G3 233Mhz (not being used, little underpower now). Installed one of the family pack licenses for jaguar and did the os updates and itunes updates so that it will stream and connected that to the network near the receiver. Is playing great from the other pc. How about that 6 days of music streaming to the stereo totally dynamically controlled by yourself not at the mercy of the radio station.

Thanks for the input..