PDA

View Full Version : FireWire 400 to USB M-Box Audio Farts

ShakeWellProd
Mar 26, 2008, 12:51 PM
Hello, I'm stuck on this one.

I need to connect my M-Box Firewire to my PC. The only outputs it has is two firewire 400's and all my pc has is usb. Is there anyway to join the two together. I've looked into converters and adapters but cant find anything.

I'm recording live dj mixes.

I did have the m-box hooked up to my Mac, but I get these weird audio farts about every 2-5 minutes. This is very annoying when I record a 80 min mix. I've tried everything from reinstalling software to unplugging all my devices hooked up to the mac except for the external hd i'm recording to.

I'm trying to figure out if it's the M-Box that is doing this or my pioneer dj mixer is sending out those noises.

Thanks in advance for any help!

TEG
Mar 26, 2008, 12:54 PM
There is no conversion between USB and Firewire (just like there is no conversion between Parallel and Serial or Ethernet and Telephone). They use completely different ways to communicate. I would suggest buying a firewire card for your PC and doing it that way.

TEG

hakukani
Mar 26, 2008, 02:33 PM
I suspect the pioneer dj mixer.

tom.
Mar 26, 2008, 04:41 PM
PCI firewire card is the way to go. if you are in the UK, ebuyer.com do some cheap ones.

ShakeWellProd
Mar 26, 2008, 11:50 PM
PCI firewire card is the way to go. if you are in the UK, ebuyer.com do some cheap ones.

Thanks for all your help. My peecee is a Gateway Laptop W350A so most cards don't work or fit.

TEG
Mar 27, 2008, 12:46 AM
What kind of expansion do you have Express Card or PC Card? There are Firewire cards for both.

TEG