Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Does anyone know how to get this installed on Windows XP Professional x64? The OS itself reads as Windows Server 2003 which the installer thinks is an improper OS and won't install. I can't do compatability mode since the file is a MSI not EXE file.

Redwill

macrumors newbie
May 6, 2007
I will thank you if you upload the installer because i don't know how to "hack it" but i need the bootcamp menu, too for windows XP x64.

Thanks, i will post it in the Windows XP x64 Howto

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I only have the boot camp installer for 2.0.1 (MacBook Air)... not sure if it'll work. Its at home also, so I'll need to get it after work and post it here.

If you're worried that the newer boot camp menu might not work or something, just PM me the version of your BootCamp64.msi and I'll make it work for Windows XP x64.

tridianimeitor

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
hello

i tried your hacked version of bootcamp but doesnt install
its just stops with an unexpected error with code 2229

is there something that can be done about it?
its a new macbook pro 2.5 ghz with nvidia graphics

thanks in advance

ebayhelp

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
hello

i tried your hacked version of bootcamp but doesnt install
its just stops with an unexpected error with code 2229

is there something that can be done about it?
its a new macbook pro 2.5 ghz with nvidia graphics

thanks in advance

keylogger

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
File works fine... and no it's not a keylogger he was joking.

I have same problem I've had on other variations of Bootcamp, it doesn't see the Mac OS X partition, so the only OS it's sees is the 64-bit Windows partition. Any workarounds for that other than booting with option key? A problem may be I installed XP 64x on a separate hard drive? Does it only work if the Mac OS is on the same drive?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.