PDA

View Full Version : iTMS copy line submitting.

SeaFox
Nov 5, 2003, 11:02 PM
I notice when you right[control] click a song entry and choose Copy it copies the line from the iTMS catalog with the artist, album, time, price, in a tabbed format.

Given that correctly entering a submission exactly as it appears in the iTMS is so important, I do this and paste it into the song title blank, cutting and pasting the other pieces from the line to their respective blanks (and deleteing the rest).

But it would be nice if there was a blank to simply paste the whole line and the submission engine could just extract the pieces for the line it needs, given the tab delimiting.

arn
Nov 5, 2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by SeaFox
I notice when you right[control] click a song entry and choose Copy it copies the line from the iTMS catalog with the artist, album, time, price, in a tabbed format.

Given that correctly entering a submission exactly as it appears in the iTMS is so important, I do this and paste it into the song title blank, cutting and pasting the other pieces from the line to their respective blanks (and deleteing the rest).

But it would be nice if there was a blank to simply paste the whole line and the submission engine could just extract the pieces for the line it needs, given the tab delimiting.

huh... didn't realize it did this... yeah, should be doable.

arn

eyelikeart
Nov 6, 2003, 08:07 AM
How is it that your iTunes does this, but mine does not? :confused:

SeaFox
Nov 6, 2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

Don't ask me. I am using the Windows version. I just know when I right-click and choose "Copy" I get the whole line and there are tabs between the artist, album, ect.

eyelikeart
Nov 7, 2003, 03:03 PM
Ah...weird. :eek:

I didn't realize the Windows version had any differences in the way it displayed links & such.

SeaFox
Nov 7, 2003, 03:46 PM
I didn't know the Mac version didn't do it. My Mac iTunes is 2.0.4, guess this doesn't make the line-copy submission thing so useful now. :rolleyes:

But one nice side effect of this is if I want to export a playlist but don't want EVERY info column or the full filepath I can just select the files in the playlist (or library) and Copy the block. The list gets copied as tab-delimited but only with the displayed columns, like the iTMS entries. :)

Wardofsky
Nov 8, 2003, 08:11 PM

Hmm, when you cntrl click the song (In iTMS) there should be "Copy" and "Copy iTMS Link".

Clicking just "Copy" copies the info.

eyelikeart
Nov 10, 2003, 05:46 PM
He was talking about the Windows version of iTunes though, not Mac. ;)

arn
Nov 10, 2003, 10:55 PM
He was talking about the Windows version of iTunes though, not Mac. ;)

Works in Mac iTunes 4.1

arn

weefle
Nov 14, 2003, 11:20 AM
C'mon, make it easy on the user! (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47398)