PDA

View Full Version : html emailer program? Ideas?

lindro
Mar 27, 2008, 02:45 PM
I need a program like Publisher that can create e-mailers and e-newsletters and send out to a mailing list without the use of third party mailing services.

MS Publisher does this but I can't find Publisher for Mac. (never had much use for it till now)

I have the CS2/ Dreamweaver 8/ MS Office for Mac 2004 / Quark 6.5 and all the new I-Apple programs. I run these on a Mac Intel / OSX Leopard latest update.

I can do an e-newsletterl in MSWord and mail as html, but the Word program uses a lot of unnecessary code and glitches up photo boxes in particular. I've tried doing it in Pages and opening in MSWord to send, but that's even worse.

I don't know how to place or fix code sources in my email client (Mail or Entourage).

I really want to figure this out, gang. Help.:apple:

macsrules
Apr 14, 2008, 08:20 PM
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I sent out a mass email html letter with this program.

1. http://www.ethreesoftware.com/directmail/ Direct Mail

Hope this helps

Z.Beeblebrox
Apr 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
Mail (in Leopard) has a bunch of nifty stationery-esque templates that you can customize to send out newsletters and annoucements. You can choose from about 30 layouts then tweak the fonts, colors, and drag-and-drop photos from iPhoto. If you don't like the presets, you can create personalized templates. They use standard HTML and are pretty easy if you're already familiar with Mac. There's a button labeled "Show Stationery" in the top of the new message window.

TheHitcher
Apr 15, 2008, 11:15 AM
I second the Direct Mail call, all you do is copy the code from Dreamweaver into the window and add your addresses in, which is linked to your address book, and you can save different mailing lists in seperate files.

I use it nearly everyday.

Island Dog
Apr 15, 2008, 02:01 PM
I was looking for an application like this the other day. Thanks for the tip.

:)

brettjohn
Apr 16, 2008, 07:16 AM
good thread! thanks for the links guys :D

lindro
Apr 17, 2008, 01:29 PM
Here are complete instructions on how to set up the .mail templates: http://www.technosanity.com/2007/10/27/editing-mac-mail-stationery/
He also offers some downloadable templates for .mail.

Also, don't forget to attach or insert any images for your email. If anyone has anything more to add to this, please do so.

In my wandering around trying to find out about do-it-yourself emailers, I was advised that sending out emails from my home base could possibly get me blackballed as a spammer. Also, I cannot trace my emails after they go out. I don't know who opens them. the only way I can track somewhat is to see how the hits go on the web sites.