PDA

View Full Version : Tascam 1082 won't sit on all fours????

theapex
Mar 27, 2008, 04:36 PM
I just got it in the mail today. But when I sit the thing on my desk...or the kitchen table or any other FLAT surface, it won't sit on all fours..kinda like and old chair that has one leg that is shorter than the others and you just rock back and forth in it....

I haven't had it over 30 minutes yet and it is already very annoying.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or able to offer some suggestions or help on this subject?

Thanks

Drumjim85
Mar 27, 2008, 04:45 PM
you can put some folded up paper under the shorter corner....

theapex
Mar 27, 2008, 04:47 PM
lol you are serious too aren't you? lol. was it made like this? if so...wow!!!! all the research I did and no one ever mentioned it. what would be the point of making this thing not sit evenly?

Drumjim85
Mar 27, 2008, 04:49 PM
hey, you said if anyone has any solutions ... and i gave you one ;)

but if you're not satisfied.. send it back

theapex
Mar 27, 2008, 04:53 PM
My Main Beef At This Point Is....is It Supposed To Do That?

Drumjim85
Mar 27, 2008, 05:06 PM
no, i don't think it is ...

zimv20
Mar 27, 2008, 06:26 PM
is your table flat?

theapex
Mar 27, 2008, 06:49 PM
yep...everyone that I have sat it on is....same issue.

zimv20
Mar 27, 2008, 08:01 PM
better tell those people to stop squirming :-)

AviationFan
Mar 28, 2008, 09:22 AM
Mine sits fine on a flat surface. And no, it's not supposed to do that. Is something missing (like one of the little rubber thingies that you often find on the bottom of devices), or does it look like the bottom surface isn't straight?

- Martin

theapex
Mar 28, 2008, 09:40 AM
Mine sits fine on a flat surface. And no, it's not supposed to do that. Is something missing (like one of the little rubber thingies that you often find on the bottom of devices), or does it look like the bottom surface isn't straight?

- Martin

for the most part everything under the bottom looks straight. My wife brought to my attention that some devices have the ability to change the angle that the unit sits at. Like maybe the little rubber things can screw out and become longer or shorter....Is that the case?

AviationFan
Mar 28, 2008, 01:21 PM
My wife brought to my attention that some devices have the ability to change the angle that the unit sits at. Like maybe the little rubber things can screw out and become longer or shorter....Is that the case?Well, we ARE getting close to April Fool's Day, but ...

:D

- Martin

P.S.: No, really, it should sit stable on a flat surface.

theapex
Mar 28, 2008, 07:46 PM
aviation did you have driver issues with your tascam when you first got it? if so what was the solution.

AviationFan
Mar 29, 2008, 04:56 PM
aviation did you have driver issues with your tascam when you first got it? if so what was the solution.No, I don't think I did. I installed it on my iMac about a year and a half ago, and then again on my new MacPro just a few weeks back - following the instructions from the manufacturer. I didn't have any problems.

Is yours not working, or what symptoms are you seeing that make you believe something is wrong?

- Martin